Search Tips & Advice
With 139,116 tracks in our catalogue, you may not know where to begin with your search. We've put together these simple tips to help you easily find that perfect track.
However, if you still can't find what you're looking for, get in touch. We're always on hand to help whenever you need us, call +44 (0)207 566 1441 or email email@example.com and we'll put you in touch with a friendly contact in your part of the world!
1. Keyword search
To find your ideal track, try entering strings of words or adjectives into the Quick Search box in the top left hand corner of the site. We recommend using the MIST acronym.
So, your search term might be 'fast optimistic indie rock' or 'slow sad orchestral cello'.
2. Browse by category
Our music catalogue allows you you to fine-tune your search by drilling down to find the tracks you want:
- Musical styles: The most popular styles and moods - always a good place to start.
- Mood/emotion: This is all about the feel of the track, such as sad, happy or panoramic.
- Instrumentation: Search by featured or solo instrument, voice, percussion and orchestral.
- Production genre: From comedy to romantic, documentary to sport. Each genre also has a selection of subgenres.
- Album listing: If you want all the tracks from one album, click.
- Artist and composer: Listen to new tracks or old favourites from your favourite composers and artists.
3. Advanced Search
By combining the points above in the Advanced Search, you can mix categories and keywords at the same time. You can even refine your search for tracks in particular keys or tempos, as well as a number of other parameters.
If you want to match a specific track use the beat calculator, next to the music player, which will tell you the tempo of your original track - then use the Advanced Search to find all tracks in the same style and at the same speed.